Sunday, February 17, 2008

My New Favorite Car: Citroën Ami 6

Picture of Citroën Ami 6 by Flickr user davidbally, by permission.


I've had many favorite cars over the years -- the Mini, the Isetta (or even better, the French Velam model), the Smart, or the Hillman Minx that I used to own.



Picture of my old Hillman Minx by Flickr user nancyo23, by permission.





But I have a new contender: the Citroën Ami 6 shown above. Dig that crazy reverse-slanting rear window! And the jaunty way the roof flares over it! And the sexy drape of the hood over the headlights!





It also had a classically weird Citroen suspension: check out this lean! These two pictures are from the great Citroenet page.



They were sold from 1961 to 1970. I want one! I want to drive around in tight pants listening to Serge Gainsbourg, Françoise Hardy, France Gall, and Brigitte Bardot.


PS --
I've given up on ever figuring out Blogger's screwed-up HTML implementation. Their "preview" isn't even close to what you actually get.

1 comment:

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.